Top 10 Mold Insurance Claim Tips
Do you think you have a mold problem in your home or office?
Did you know that you can usually use your home owners insurance or business insurance to foot the bill of a comprehensive mold inspection, mold testing, mold removal, and/or the entire mold remediation process? Read on to find out more…
1. Take the bull by the horns is fitting in this situation. Be pro-active throughout the entire mold insurance claim process. Never let your guard down and never let up on the insurance companies until you are satisfied and your home or office is completely safe, clean, and mold free.
2. You need to understand that you are not on a level playing field when dealing with a mold insurance claim and the insurance company.
3. Think of your mold insurance claim as a business negotiation. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, so they will always attempt to low ball. This is where negotiation comes in handy.
4. Allow your home owner’s insurance company the opportunity to treat your claim with sincerity. Be advised, take care in what you say when speaking with anyone pertaining to your mold insurance claim. Employees of insurance companies are trained and sometimes even rewarded for consecutively reducing claim amounts by taking the “:buddy buddy” approach when dealing with clients and their claims.
5. Document and support your claim with proof, details and estimates. Five Boro Mold Specialist’s Mold Inspection Report will provide thorough and complete analysis of damages incurred.
6. Present clear requests to the insurance company in writing that explain what you need, when you need it, and why you’re entitled to it.
7. Don’t pad or exaggerate your mold insurance claim.
8. Don’t sign ANY legal documents without consulting with your attorney.
9. Try to resolve any issues that arise informally, but make formal complaints in writing. Use the insurance company’s chain of command, and if need be, contact a government agency for help when necessary.
10. Seek professional help when you need it; start by calling our office staff at 718-677-6653 to become more informed of the entire NYC mold insurance claim and mold remediation processes.
Helping New Yorker’s Breathe A Little Easier Since 1989
About 5 Boro Mold Specialist-
Five Boro Mold Specialist Inc., a New York City mold inspection, mold testing, and mold removal company in NYC, has been serving the NYC metropolitan area for roughly 25 years. Specializing in non invasive high tech mold inspections, “conflict free” mold testing, and rapid mold removal services.
To Schedule a NYC mold inspection for a NYC mold insurance claim, please Call: 1-888-526-7691
Or Fill In The Form Below-